- 500g of Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 x 90g pack of coconut chunks
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 large fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- 2 red peppers, deseeded & thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 1 tsp of vegan vegetable bouillon powder
- 1/4 tsp of dried chilli flakes
- Trim and halve the brussels sprouts. Place in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and cook for three minutes. Drain well. Grate the pieces of coconut, chopping the pieces that become a little too small to grate. Keep the chopped coconut separate.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok and fry the fennel and peppers for five minutes, stirring frequently. Add the sprouts and fry for three minutes. Stir in the chopped coconut, garlic and cumin and fry for a further two minutes. Stir in the coconut milk, bouillon powder and chilli flakes and simmer gently for a further 3-5 minutes until hot and bubbling.
- Spoon into bowls and scatter with the grated coconut. Delicious served with warmed essential Waitrose Wholemeal Pittas or brown basmati rice.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.