- 130g (4¾oz/scant 1 cup) pf store-bought turmeric & carrot kimchi, or other store-bought kimchi
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 50g (1¾oz/½ cup) of mangetout, trimmed and blanched
- 50g (1¾oz/½ cup) of sugar snap peas, trimmed and blanched
- 50g (1¾oz/heaped ¹⁄³ cup) of edamame beans
- 1 small courgette (zucchini), julienned
- 5 coriander sprigs, leaves picked and roughly torn
- Pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 25g (1oz) of Smoked Paprika, Chilli & Lime Chia Seed Mixed Nuts to serve
- Put the barley, quinoa or freekeh in a medium saucepan with 320ml (11fl oz/1¹⁄³ cups) water, place over a high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 20–25 minutes (10–15 for quinoa) or until tender and the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Squeeze the kimchi to remove the excess liquid, reserving the liquid in a small bowl.
- To make a dressing, place the vinegar, olive oil and two tbsp of the reserved kimchi liquid in a small bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Place the kimchi, mangetout, sugar snap peas, edamame, courgette and cooked grain into a large mixing bowl. Add the coriander and dressing and gently toss together.
The Yoga Kitchen Plan by Kimberly Parsons (Quadrille, £20) Photography © Laura Edwards
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.