- 300g of plain flour
- 100g of ground walnuts
- 120g of unsaturated fat spread e.g. sunflower spread, chilled and cubed
- Pinch of salt
- 15ml of cold water
- 4-5 chicory pieces
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 250g of mushrooms
- 1 shallot, chopped
- A few sprigs of lemon thyme
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 250ml of Alpro Soya Cuisine plant-based alternative to cream
- Grated nutmeg
- Ground pepper
- A couple of pinches of salt
- 100g of blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C / gas 4.
- Place the flour, ground walnuts, a pinch of salt and the unsaturated spread in a food processor and blend until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. (Alternatively, place the flour, ground walnuts, a pinch of salt and the spread into a bowl and rub in the fat until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs). Add the water and mix until the dough comes together (do not over mix or over knead). Shape the dough into a ball, wrap in clingfilm and let it rest for about 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Roll out the pastry and line a flan dish. If you are using prepared pastry, sprinkle the ground walnuts on the surface of the pastry and press down gently.
- Prick the surface with a fork, line with parchment paper and baking beans and bake blind for 15 minutes, remove the baking beans and parchment and bake for a further 10 minutes until light golden.
- Prepare the filling whilst the pastry is resting and baking.
- Remove the outer leaves of the chicory and hollow out the base of the chicory with the tip of a sharp knife. Cut the chicory into five equal pieces and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Quarter the mushrooms and cook with the chopped shallot and lemon thyme in the olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs into the Alpro Soya Cuisine and season with a pinch of grated nutmeg and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Arrange the chicory and mushrooms pieces over the pastry base and pour over the Alpro Soya Cuisine mixture. Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese, lemon thyme and season with freshly ground pepper.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.