- 200g of rice noodles
- 1 tbsp of peanut oil
- 2 tbsp of free-from laksa paste or red curry paste
- ½ can of light coconut milk
- 200g of firm white fish, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 jumbo prawns or 150g raw peeled prawns
- 250g of asparagus or green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-size lengths
- 2 carrots, julienned or chopped into fine matchsticks
- 125g of red cabbage, shredded
- 125g of beansprouts (optional)
- 6 tbsp of chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- 25g of peanuts, chopped, to serve
- Put the noodles in a large bowl, add boiling water to cover and soak for 10 min. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok over a medium-high heat. Add the paste and cook, stirring, for one minute until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk and 250ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, add the fish, prawns, asparagus or green beans and carrots. Simmer for four to five minutes until just cooked. Remove from the heat and stir through the cabbage.
- Divide the noodles among four bowls, spoon over the laksa and top with the beansprouts, if using, coriander and peanuts.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.