- 120g of cherry tomatoes
- 1 baby gem lettuce
- 1 lime
- 1 mango
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp of jerk seasoning
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 240g of black beans (drained)
- 250g of jackfruit (drained)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 sachets of tomato purée
- Medium handful of fresh coriander
- Boil a kettle. Finely dice the red onion and finely chop or crush the garlic. Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters. Roughly chop the coriander leaves.
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit and black beans separately. Thinly slice the jackfruit and roughly chop.
- Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tbsp of oil on a medium heat and cook the onion for 3 minutes, then add the garlic and jerk seasoning (it's spicy, so add to taste) and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the jackfruit to the pan, stir to coat in the spice, then add the black beans, 200ml of boiling water, the tomato purée, cherry tomatoes and half of the coriander. Season with sea salt to taste and simmer with a lid on for 10 minutes, then remove the lid for a further 5 minutes. Add a little more boiling water if the sauce becomes too dry.
- Meanwhile, slice the end off the gem lettuce and separate the leaves.
- To make the mango salsa; slice the cheeks off the mango and cut the mango flesh into small cubes, removing the skin. In a small bowl, mix the mango with the juice from half the lime and the remaining coriander.
- Spoon the spiced jackfruit into the gem lettuce leaves, top with the mango salsa and serve on two warm plates. Drizzle over the remaining lime juice, to taste.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.