- 25 heads of elderflower (for maximum flavour, pick while the sun is shining)
- 7 lemons
- 2 limes
- 1.5 litre of water
- 800g of caster sugar
- Gently wash the elderflower heads under cold water and place into a large bowl.
- Peel a thin layer of the zest from 5 of the lemons, slice the fruit and add to the elderflower with the sliced limes.
- Bring the water to the boil and gradually stir in the sugar. Simmer gently until all of the sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool slightly before pouring over the elderflower, lemons and limes. Cover with a cloth and leave to sit in a cool, dry place to infuse for 24 hours.
- Place a muslin cloth or fine sieve over another large bowl and strain the mixture. Squeeze the juice from the remaining two lemons and stir through your cordial.
- Pour into sterilised bottles or freezer-proof containers. Seal tightly and store until ready to use.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.