Hazelnut Crust Pizza & Peppery Rocket
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR MIX
Many shop-bought gluten-free flour mixes can be unpredictable. This is not only practical but, more importantly, it works a treat. Makes 900g of flour:
210g of brown rice flour
140g of buckwheat flour
70g of white rice flour
40g of oat flour
40g of potato starch/flour
40g of tapioca flour
1. Mix all the flours together and store in an airtight container.
PUMPKIN SEED PESTO
Makes 1 x 250g jar:
250ml of olive oil, plus extra for sealing
120g of pumpkin seeds
Bunch of basil (30g)
1 garlic clove, peeled
1/2 tbsp each of salt and black pepper
1. Add all the ingredients to a blender and blitz until you have a lovely pesto. You can choose to blend until smooth or to a chunkier consistency, if you prefer.
Makes 1 x 500g jar:
280g of macadamia nuts
160ml of water
1/2 of a probiotic capsule
Pinch of salt
1. Start by soaking the macadamia nuts for two hours by putting them in a bowl and covering with water.
2. Drain the nuts and tip them into a blender along with the water and probiotic and blitz until you get a smooth texture. As this is a ricotta-style cheese the texture can be slightly bitty. If you are doing this in a high-speed blender, make sure not to overheat the mixture as this will kill off the probiotics.
3. Once blended, transfer to a clean glass or plastic container. Do not use a metal one as the mixture won’t ferment. Leave the container outside the fridge for 24 hours with a tea towel or muslin cloth on top so that the mixture can breathe.
4. After 24 hours your mixture will be slightly fizzy and bubbly. Place a proper top on and leave in the fridge until you need it. It will last for up to seven days in the fridge.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.