150g of dried soba noodles
6 plum tomatoes
6 stems of broccoli (boiled or steamed)
6 sugar snap peas (boiled or steamed)
50g of red cabbage
¼ cup of edamame (boiled)
1 cup of mixed salad leaves
½ tbsp of peanut oil
1 medium carrot
1 small red onion
1cm of peeled ginger
80ml of olive oil
50ml of soy sauce
50ml of rice vinegar
1tbsp of mirin
1tbsp of honey
Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook the noodles for 6-8 minutes.
While the noodles are cooking, add a cup of cold water to the pot 2 or 3 times. This will improve the texture of the noodles.
Drain the noodles and rinse with cold water to stop them cooking further.
Mix with oil and place them in a bowl for serving.
For the dressing, add the carrot, onion, peeled ginger, olive oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, mirin and honey into a food processer. Liquidise until smooth.
Slice the tomatoes into bite size pieces, and add these and the salad leaves onto the noodles.
Pour the dressing over, just before serving.
- For garnish, use sesame seeds, thinly slices spring onions, herbs (chives, shiso leaves, coriander) and cress.
- You can use sunflower, peanut or olive oil.
- You can try different types of noodles: udon, soba, egg or rice noodles.
- You can choose any vegetable of your preference.
- Noodle salad keeps for 3 days. Keep refrigerated.