- Pinch of saffron strands
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 200g of runner beans, trimmed
- 200g of quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tsp of hot smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- 500ml of Cooks’ Ingredients Chicken Stock
- 275g pack of Waitrose Baby Plum Tomatoes, halved
- 235g bag of essential Waitrose Raw King Prawns, defrosted
- ½ x 25g pack of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Pour one tablespoon of boiling water over the saffron and set aside. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan then fry the onions and garlic gently for eight to ten minutes until soft and golden.
- Meanwhile, remove the sides from the beans with a peeler and cut the beans into bitesize pieces. Stir the quinoa, paprika and thyme into the onions, cook for one minute, then stir in the stock, tomatoes and saffron water. Season and bring to the boil. Simmer for ten minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Add the beans, cover the pan and cook ten minutes more until the quinoa and beans are almost tender. Spread the prawns over the top and give it a further five minutes or until the prawns are pink and thoroughly cooked. Season, fork the parsley and prawns through the grains, then serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.