- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 350g of Jersey Royal or new potatoes, scrubbed and thickly sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 medium courgette, trimmed and cubed
- 300g of fresh peas, podded
- 300g of broad beans, podded
- 5 Waitrose British Blacktail Large Free Range Eggs
- ½ x 25g pack of mint, leaves only, chopped
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the potatoes, onion and seasoning. Cook for 15 minutes, turning occasionally until tender. Add the courgette to the pan, increase the heat and cook for a further three to five minutes until the potatoes are golden.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas and broad beans in a pan of boiling water for one minute until just tender. Drain then add to the golden potatoes and cook for a further couple of minutes.
- Place the eggs, mint and seasoning in a large bowl and beat lightly with a fork. Add the hot vegetables from the pan and mix thoroughly. Leave to stand for five minutes.
- Warm the remaining oil in a 20cm non-stick frying pan over a medium heat until very hot. Pour in the egg mixture, stir with a fork, lifting the middle of the tortilla to let the runny egg down into the base. Cook for four to five minutes until set and the base is golden. Invert onto a plate, then slide back into the pan and cook for another two to three minutes, until thoroughly cooked and golden. Serve warm or at room temperature with salad.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.