- 90g of pitted dates, chopped
- 100g of medium oatmeal
- 250ml of essential Waitrose Low Fat Natural Yogurt
- 75ml of groundnut oil
- 2 Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 80g of light brown soft sugar
- 150g of plain flour
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases. Place the chopped dates in a bowl with four tablespoons of boiling water. In a separate large bowl combine the oatmeal and yogurt. Set aside for ten minutes.
- Beat the oil, eggs and sugar into the bowl with the oatmeal mixture. Then stir in the soaked dates.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Stir in a good pinch of salt and fold it through the wet mixture, until just combined.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin cases and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. (They’ll keep well for a couple of days if stored in an airtight container, or they can even be frozen.)
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.