- 1kg of carrots
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of coriander seeds
- 1.5 litres of chicken or vegetable stock
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- Pumpkin seeds, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Chop the carrots once or twice, depending on size, to get 7cm lengths.
- Toss the carrots and onions in the olive oil with the garlic cloves with the seeds, and tumble into a large baking tray. Roast the veg for 30–40 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking, until soft but not fully browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool briefly.
- Tip the veg into a powerful blender along with the stock and whizz until smooth. Add the parsley and coriander and whizz again. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and fresh parsley. Keeps for three days in the fridge and freezes for three months.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.