- 2 large aubergines, cut into 1cm rounds
- 2 tbsp of tamari
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of toasted sesame oil
- 2 preserved lemons, roughly chopped
- 3 pinches of saffron threads
- 200ml of soya yoghurt
- Flaked sea salt and cracked black pepper
- A small bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint, leaves picked and chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 2 tbsp of cashew nuts, toasted and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Spread the aubergine rounds on the baking tray. Whisk together the tamari, honey and sesame oil in a bowl and pour evenly over the aubergine. Bake for 20-25 minutes until soft and golden.
- Meanwhile, put the preserved lemons, saffron, yoghurt, and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a food processor and blitz until the yoghurt has turned a deep yellow and is smooth.
- Place the aubergine rounds on a large serving dish. Drizzle over the saffron yoghurt dressing and garnish with the coriander, mint, chilli and toasted cashews.
Recipe from Detox Kitchen Vegetables by Lily Simpson, photography by Issy Croker (Bloomsbury, £26)
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.