- 320g sheet of frozen Jus-Rol Puff Pastry, defrosted
- ½ of a 300g tub of essential Waitrose Houmous
- 250g of frozen Cooks’ Ingredients chargrilled aubergine
- 280g jar of Cooks’ Ingredients chargrilled peppers in olive oil
- 1 small red onion, halved, cut into thick half moons
- 4 tbsp of Greek basil leaves or 4 sprigs of fresh lemon thyme
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Unroll the defrosted pastry sheet onto a large baking sheet and cut into four pieces, each measuring 11.5cm x 18cm. Using a sharp knife, score a 1cm border around the edge of each piece of pastry. Use enough pressure so the score line is visible, but don't cut all the way through.
- Spread a heaped tablespoon of houmous over each pastry rectangle, keeping it within the border. Arrange the aubergine slices on top.
- Drain the peppers and divide among each tart, then sprinkle over the slices of red onion. Drizzle one tablespoon of oil from the jar of chargrilled peppers over the top and bake for 30 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden brown. Sprinkle over the Greek basil or lemon thyme and serve with a green salad.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.