- 100g of plain flour
- 200ml of unsweetened soya milk, chilled
- Generous pinch of fine sea salt
- 6 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 200g of button mushrooms, some sliced, some whole
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 6 tbsp of soya single cream
- Small handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Generous pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Start by making the pancakes. Whisk together the flour, soya milk, and sea salt in a bowl until smooth.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Test if the oil is hot by adding a drop of pancake batter to the pan: if it sizzles and becomes golden within 30 seconds, it is at optimum temperature. Add four tablespoons of the batter to make one pancake and swirl the batter around the pan to coat the base evenly.
- When the pancake is golden after two to three minutes, carefully flip it over to cook the other side. Drain on kitchen paper then keep warm in the oven while you continue to cook the other pancakes, using one tbsp of the oil each time.
- For the garlicky mushrooms, heat the oil in a separate frying pan over a medium–high heat and cook the mushrooms for five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the soya cream and parsley. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- To assemble, place the pancakes on serving plates and generously load on the garlicky mushrooms. Fold the pancakes over and serve while hot.
15 Minute Vegan: On a budget by Katy Beskow (Quadrille £15) Photography: Dan Jones
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.