- 4 large russet potatoes
- 2 tsp (10ml) of extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (19g) of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp (30ml) of liquid smoke
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 (14-oz [400-g]) can of young jackfruit
- ½ cup (120ml) of chipotle BBQ sauce
- ½ cup (56g) of vegan cheddar shreds, plus more for topping
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ½ cup (120ml) of vegan ranch dressing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Wash the potatoes and pierce each one with a knife approximately ten times. Coat the potatoes in the olive oil, place on a baking sheet, and bake in the oven for 50 to 70 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork.
- In a medium bowl, mix the coconut, liquid smoke and salt until combined and spread evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350°F (176°C) for seven minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let stand.
- Rinse the jackfruit and pull the pieces with forks until the texture resembles pulled meat. Combine the jackfruit with the BBQ sauce and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, cut in half and squeeze open. Stuff the jackfruit into each potato and sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake the potatoes for another 20 minutes.
- To serve, top the potatoes with green onions, tomatoes, coconut bacon, more cheddar and a dollop of our Vegan Buttermilk Ranch Dressing.
Recipe courtesy of Great Vegan BBQ without A Grill by Linda Meyer & Alex Meyer
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.