- 225g of sushi rice
- 500g of sashimi-grade salmon, diced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp of reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of mirin pinch of chilli flakes
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- A generous pinch of sugar
- 1 tbsp of white and black sesame seeds
- Rinse the sushi rice really well, changing the water a few times until it no longer runs milky-white. Fill a saucepan with 350ml of cold salted water and add the rice. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes, or according to the packet instructions. Remove from the heat, cover and set aside for 10 minutes, then fluff up with a fork and leave to cool slightly.
- Use a fork to blend the soy sauce with the mirin, chilli flakes, sesame oil and sugar. Pour over the salmon and let stand for no more than 5 minutes.
- Divide the just-warm rice between four bowls. Top with the salmon, avocado and spring onions. Scatter with the black and white sesame seeds and serve.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.