- 150g of dried soba noodles
- 6 plum tomatoes
- 6 stems of broccoli (boiled or steamed)
- 6 sugar snap peas (boiled or steamed)
- 50g of red cabbage
- ¼ cup of edamame (boiled)
- 1 cup of mixed salad leaves
- ½ tbsp of peanut oil
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small red onion
- 1cm of peeled ginger
- 80ml of olive oil
- 50ml of soy sauce
- 50ml of rice vinegar
- 1tbsp of mirin
- 1tbsp of honey
- Sesame seeds
- Spring onions
- Shiso leaves
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook the noodles for 6-8 minutes.
- While the noodles are cooking, add a cup of cold water to the pot 2 or 3 times. This will improve the texture of the noodles.
- Drain the noodles and rinse with cold water to stop them cooking further.
- Mix with oil and place them in a bowl for serving.
- For the dressing, add the carrot, onion, peeled ginger, olive oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, mirin and honey into a food processer. Liquidise until smooth.
- Slice the tomatoes into bite size pieces, and add these and the salad leaves onto the noodles.
- Pour the dressing over, just before serving.
- For garnish, use sesame seeds, thinly slices spring onions, herbs (chives, shiso leaves, coriander) and cress.
- You can use sunflower, peanut or olive oil.
- You can try different types of noodles: udon, soba, egg or rice noodles.
- You can choose any vegetable of your preference.
- Noodle salad keeps for 3 days. Keep refrigerated.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.