- 80g of kimchi
- 2 tbsp of kimchi brine
- 1 small clove of garlic
- A squeeze of lemon
- 1/2 tsp of honey
- 175ml of mayonnaise
- 12 summer roll rice wrappers
- 100g of vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 large beetroot, peeled and grated
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into fine ribbons
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced into fine ribbons
- 2 baby gem hearts, quartered and finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 10-12 mint leaves, finely chopped
- A handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 50g of cashews, toasted and chopped
- Edible flower petals
- To make the kimchi mayonnaise, place the kimchi, kimchi brine, garlic, lemon and honey in a blender and whizz until finely chopped but not completely pureed. Tip out into a small bowl and mix well with the mayonnaise. Taste and add a little salt and pepper if needed. Chill until needed.
- For the summer rolls, being by preparing the rice noodles. Instructions on individual packets vary, but the best method is to place the noodles into a glass bowl and completely cover with boiling water. Soak for 3 minutes and then drain in a colander. Rinse under cold water, drain again and keep to one side.
- To assemble the rolls, dip the rice paper wrappers into a bowl of hot water and soak for 10 seconds or until soft. Carefully lift onto a board or metal tray and lay flat.
- Beginning with the beetroot, pile a little of each shredded vegetable onto the bottom half of the wrapper, just below centre. Scatter over a little of the chopped chilli, ginger, mint and cashews followed by a small handful of the rice noodles and lastly a few coriander leaves. Loosely shape into an even cylinder with your fingers.
- Lift the bottom edge of the wrapper over the top of the filling, and tuck in tightly to hold the filling in place. Now place two or three flower petals along the length of the half-wrapped roll and continue rolling, tucking in the ends tightly as you go.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers to form all 12 rolls.
- Serve straight away, sliced in half so the vibrant colours are visible, along with the kimchi mayonnaise.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.