Sticky Pork Balls
- 500g of pork mince or sausage meat
- 1-2 tbsp of Maggi seasoning
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 lime’s zest, finely grated
- 1 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Optional: 20g coriander or Thai basil, finely chopped and thrown in the mix
- Serve alongside: Sliced peaches, rocket and a dressing
Turn on the oven to 180ºC. Mix the pork with all the ingredients. Shape into golf-sized or small balls and lay on a baking sheet on a tray.
Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with salad or vermicelli noodles.
Green Greek Cups (v)
1. Crumble the feta into a bowl and muddle with the marinade ingredients. Season and leave to sit for a few minutes while you prep everything else.
2. In a simmering pan of water, cook the broad beans for 3 minutes. Drain. Mix all the green ingredients – except the lettuce – together.
3. On a large plate, arrange as many lettuce cups as can fit. Pour in the greens. Crumble the feta and its marinade on top of each.
Peppers With Marinated Chicken (BBQ Friendly)
- 4-6 chicken pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 knob of ginger, peeled
- 1 tsp of dried thyme or oregano (or fresh from the garden)
- 2-3 tsp of Maggi seasoning
- 1 tsp of brown sugar
- 4 peppers, halved
- 1 onion, sliced
1.Preheat the oven or barbecue. Finely chop the garlic and peeled ginger. Mix with thyme or oregano, sugar and Maggi seasoning. Muddle with the chicken. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
2.Make the yoghurt dressing by mixing the mint and Greek yoghurt. Season. If you want to add an allium kick, sprinkle in a nudge of finely chopped garlic or onion or spring onions. Set aside.
3.On a large tray, lay out the chicken, peppers and onion. Slosh with olive oil and season the veg. Bake or chargrill for 30 minutes until it’s cooked through. Taste when cooked and season further if you wish. Serve with the yoghurt dressing.