- Olive oil for cooking
- 400g of smoked haddock, skinned and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 celery stick, finely diced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm dice
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of curry powder
- ½ tsp of ground cumin seeds
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- ½ tsp of ground coriander seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 400ml of chicken stock
- 200ml of double cream
- Large pinch of coriander, finely chopped
- Sea salt for seasoning
- Black pepper for seasoning
- In a medium pan on a medium heat, add a splash of olive oil and add the onions, carrot, celery, chilli and bay leaf, and sweat for 10-12 minutes taking care not to colour (pop a lid on and turn the heat down if they start to colour).
- In the meantime, in a small frying pan, toast off the spices and set aside.
- When the vegetables are soft, add the toasted spices and stir in.
- Add the chicken stock and the diced potatoes and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes until the potatoes are almost cooked.
- Add the cream and bring to the boil.
- Add the haddock and simmer for five minutes, then add the coriander and stir in.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.