- 2 aubergines, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 echalion shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- ½ tsp of ground coriander
- A pinch of turmeric
- 3 tbsp of raisins
- 30g of pine nuts
- 300g of tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 260g pack of spinach
- ½ x 250g pouch of Waitrose Spelt, Quinoa, Red Rice & Wild Rice
- Brush the aubergine slices with oil and sear on a hot griddle for one to two minutes, turning frequently, until tender. Set aside to cool.
- In a pan, heat the rest of the oil and gently fry the shallot for five minutes then add the spices. After a couple of minutes add the raisins and two tablespoons of cold water. Cook for one to two minutes before adding the pine nuts. Cook for one minute more until they are golden.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for ten minutes then fold in the spinach and spelt and quinoa mix. Cook until the spinach leaves have wilted then season.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high. Spoon a heaped amount of the mixture onto each of the aubergine slices and roll them up. Put them on a baking sheet, seam-side down and grill for one minute until coloured, then serve with a green salad.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.