- 2 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
- 75ml of semi-skimmed milk
- 120g of self-raising flour
- 300g of sweetcorn, defrosted if frozen, or drained if tinned
- 3 salad onions, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- ½ x 28g pack of coriander, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 4 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 4 tbsp of low-fat crème fraîche
- 2-3 tsp of sriracha chilli sauce, to taste
- Rocket or spinach salad, to serve
- Preheat the grill to high. Place the eggs, milk, flour, and 100g of sweetcorn into a blender. Season and whizz until combined. Pour into a bowl and stir in the salad onions, chilli, coriander and remaining corn.
- Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Drop three tablespoons of mixture per pancake into the pan and cook in batches for two to three minutes, until bubbles appear on top. Flip the pancakes over and fry for another two to three minutes until golden and cooked through. Keep warm while you make the rest of the pancakes, using a little of the remaining oil to grease the pan if necessary.
- For the bacon, use any remaining oil to grease a baking sheet. Coat the rashers in maple syrup and lay them on the prepared sheet. Grill for five to seven minutes or until golden and crisp. Stir some sriracha into the crème fraîche, depending on how spicy you like it, and season.
- Serve the fritters topped with the bacon and a spoon of the crème fraîche. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with a rocket or spinach salad.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.