- 200g of mixed salad leaves
- 1 carrot, sliced into ribbons
- 1 courgette, sliced into ribbons
- 1 persimmon, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp of cornflour
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ tsp of sea salt flakes
- ¼ tsp of black pepper
- 250g of firm tofu, cut into bite-sized cubes
- ½ tbsp of groundnut oil
- 1 tsp of toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of poppy seeds
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Lime slices, to garnish
- ½ tbsp of yuzu juice
- ½ tbsp of sweet white miso paste
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and minced
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- To make the dressing, vigorously whisk the ingredients together in a large bowl along with a splash of water to combine. Set aside until needed.
- Place the salad leaves, carrot and courgette ribbons and persimmon slices in a large bowl.
- Combine the cornflour with the lemon zest and salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the tofu cubes and toss lightly to coat.
- Heat the groundnut and sesame oils in a frying pan over a medium–high heat. Add the tofu to the pan and fry for five to seven minutes, or until golden, tossing the pan from time to time to ensure all sides are crispy.
- Tip the crispy tofu pieces into the dressing and toss to coat. Add the tofu to the salad bowl and pour over the remaining dressing. Scatter over the poppy seeds and chopped spring onion and garnish with a few slices of lime.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.