- Small bunch (20 g/¾ oz) of parsley
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ tsp of sea salt flakes
- ½ tsp of sugar
- ½ tbsp of ground cumin
- 1 tbsp of paprika
- 2 x 400g (14 oz) tins of tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- Wash then finely chop the parsley stalks (reserve the leaves). Put the oil in a large, deep frying pan (skillet) over a medium heat and fry the parsley stalks and onion for six to eight minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic, salt, sugar and spices, cook for one to two minutes then add the tomatoes then reduce the heat to low and simmer for six minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next, make four divots in the sauce and break in the eggs. Cover with a lid and cook for for to six minutes or until the eggs are just set. Roughly chop the parsley leaves, scatter over then serve immediately.
- TIP: You can make the tomato sauce ahead of time then just reheat and crack in the eggs when you’re ready to eat. Have a play with the herbs and spices too; harissa, dill and feta are all nice scattered over at the end.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.