- 80g of coconut oil, melted, plus a smidge for the tin
- 50g of self-raising flour
- 100g of ground almonds
- 2 scoops (60g) of vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda salt
- 80g of cocoa powder (over 70% cocoa solids), plus more for dusting
- 150ml of maple syrup
- 200ml of coconut milk
- Zest of 1 orange
- Coconut yoghurt and strawberries and/or raspberries, to serve – optional
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (fan 140°C, gas mark 3). Grease a 20cm round cake tin with a little coconut oil and line the base with baking parchment.
- Mix the self-raising flour, ground almonds, vanilla protein powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the cocoa powder with 150ml boiling water until well combined, then whisk in the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut milk and orange zest.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and give everything a good whisk until you have a smooth runny batter. Pour into the cake tin and bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin. When cool, dust with a little cocoa powder and serve topped with coconut yoghurt and berries if you like.
Keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
When cooled, cover well and keep in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Veggie Lean in 15 by Joe Wicks is out now (Bluebird)
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.