- 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed
- 140g of plain flour
- ½ tsp of salt
- 270ml of Alpro Oat Unsweetened drink
- 1 tbsp of vegan butter
- 250g of mixed frozen berries
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 Alpro Plain Unsweetened Big Pot to serve
- Place the flaxseed in a small bowl with 3 tbsp. hot water and whisk together. Put to one side for five minutes to gel together.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, jelled flaxseed and Alpro Oat Unsweetened drink until perfectly smooth.
- Rest the batter for 30 minutes. When you come to use the batter you may need to add a splash more Alpro Oat Unsweetened to loosen a little until you have a good consistency.
- Add the frozen berries to a medium sized sauce pan and heat through until hot and thawed. Add in the maple syrup and blitz with a stick blender until smooth.
- Heat a little of the vegan butter in a non-stick pancake pan over a medium heat. When the pan is hot add in a ladleful of the batter, swirling to coat the pan and cook for two minutes or until the pancake can be loosened and flipped to cook the other side for 30 seconds. Continue with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancake with a drizzle of the warmed berry sauce and a dollop of Alpro Plain Unsweetened Big Pot.
Created by Alpro for Plant Power Day on 7th March
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.