- 3 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped – depending on how spicy you like your curry
- 4 cloves, smashed
- 8 cardamon pods
- 300ml of coconut cream
- 100g of ground almonds
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 tsp of garam marsala
- 2 tsp of turmeric
- ½ tsp of ground cinnamon
- 500ml of vegetable stock
- 1kg of golden beetroot, peeled and cut into 4 or 8, depending on the size of the beetroot
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into large chunks (the same size as the beetroot)
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 small onions or 1 large, diced
- 75g of coconut yoghurt
- Small Bunch of Coriander, chopped
- Flaked almonds, dry toasted in a pan
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- Put the ginger, garlic, chilli, cloves, coconut cream, garam masala, turmeric, cinnamon and cardamom in a blender and grind to a paste.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the paste with the almonds, bay leaves, and vegetable stock. Taste and add the salt.
- Now add the beetroot and leave to marinade over night or for at least an hour. In a large, heavy based pan melt the coconut oil and fry the diced onions until soft about five mins.
- Then add the beetroot plus the marinade making sure you don’t leave any of it behind in the bowl! When it starts to bubble turn the heat down and simmer until the beetroot and potato is cooked, about 30-40 mins.
- When it is cooked, add the yoghurt and coriander give it a good stir. Then pour into serving dish and sprinkle with coriander & flaked almonds
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.