- 125g of dried wholegrain rice vermicelli
- 1 carrot, cut into thin strips
- 100g of mangetout (snow peas), cut into thin strips
- 30g of coriander (cilantro), chopped
- 150g of mixed sprouts (e.g. mung bean, chickpea, lentil)
- 100g of smoked tofu, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 45g of fresh root ginger, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp of unrefined brown sugar
- Juice of 4 limes
- 2 tsp of tamari
- Put the noodles in a bowl, pour boiling water over them and leave to soak for four minutes. Drain in a sieve and then run cold water over the noodles until they have cooled down. Drain well and leave to one side.
- To make the dressing, in a pestle and mortar, crush together the garlic, ginger, chilli and sugar until they form a paste. Add the lime juice and tamari and stir.
- Put the carrot, mangetout, coriander, sprouts, smoked tofu and noodles in a large bowl and gently mix together by hand, then pour over the dressing and continue to mix by hand until the dressing is well incorporated. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Fresh Veggie Kitchen by David & Charlotte Bailey (Pavilion Books).
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.