- 175g of fresh broad beans, double-podded (optional)
- 175g of fresh peas
- 150g of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 chicken or vegetable stock cube
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 250g of risotto rice
- 75ml of vermouth or dry sherry
- 3 tbsp of grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 25g of butter
- 25g of pack flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Add the beans, peas and asparagus to a pan of simmering water and cook for three to four minutes until just al dente. Drain and reserve the water. Use this water and the stock cube to make up 1.2 litres of stock, and keep it simmering in a pan.
- Put the onion and celery in a medium non-stick pan. Cook over a medium heat for three minutes until soft and golden. Add the rice and stir for one minute, then the vermouth or dry sherry. Add the stock a ladleful at a time and keep stirring until each one is absorbed. This will take 15 - 20 minutes.
- When the rice is almost tender, add the beans, peas and asparagus and cook for a couple of minutes to heat through. Stir in the cheese, butter and parsley off the heat nand season to taste.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.