- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- ½ tsp of cumin seeds
- ½ tsp of dried chilli flakes
- 1x400g can of cherry or chopped tomatoes
- A pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 3 tbsp of chopped flat leaf parsley
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions and peppers and fry over a high heat until soft and golden. Reduce the heat and add the garlic paprika, cumin and chilli. Stir well and cook for 30 seconds to release the flavours.
- Add the tomatoes, then simmer uncovered for about five minutes until the mixture has thickened slightly. Season to taste.
- Reduce the heat and make wells in the mixture, crack an egg into each.
- Simmer over a medium heat until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with warm pitta bread.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.