- 250g of plain flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 100g of butter
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 150g of natural yogurt
- 400g of rhubarb, cut into 2cm lengths
- 50g of white chocolate chunks
- 50g of macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Sift 200g of the flour with the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and the cinnamon into a large mixing bowl. Rub in 75g of the butter until the mixture looks like coarse breadcrumbs and stir in 100g of the sugar. Beat the eggs with the yogurt then beat into the dry ingredients to make a soft mixture.
- Spoon the cake mixture into a buttered and base-lined baking tin, about 28x18x4cm, and smooth the surface. Top with the rhubarb. Rub the remaining butter and flour together and stir in the rest of the sugar. Add the chopped macadamia nuts and the white chocolate chunks. Scatter over the rhubarb.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until well risen and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Turn onto a wire rack to cool. Serve warm in slices with Waitrose Seriously Creamy Madagascan Vanilla Ice Cream or leave to cool and store in an airtight container.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.