- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 150g of cooking chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 250g of white cabbage, shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- 200ml of red wine
- 2 tbsp of tomato purée
- 1 x 400g can of white beans (preferably cannellini), drained and rinsed
- 4 cod loin steaks, skinned
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Lemon wedges
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan or frying pan with a lid. Add the chorizo and brown it quickly on all sides, then remove it with a slotted spoon. If there’s a lot of fat in the pan, spoon off all but about 2 tablespoons.
- Add the red onion, red pepper and cabbage and cook them over a medium heat until they have started to soften, then add the garlic and thyme. Cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes, then turn up the heat and pour in the wine. Leave it to bubble and reduce for a couple of minutes, then stir in the tomato purée, beans and about 250ml of water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan and leave to simmer until the vegetables are just tender. Put the chorizo back in the pan. Season the cod steaks with salt and pepper and place them on top of the beans and veg. Cover the pan and leave to steam very gently for about 15 minutes or until the cod has just cooked through.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley, if using, with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.